Today is June 5th, that means I have been here in Kyoto for a whole month already – it certainly didn’t feel that long! So far I have enjoyed myself tremendously. In the last month I have
- visited two shrines, two food markets, one temple, one flea market, one matsuri
- walked along most of the river several times
- ate numerous take out menus, o-nigiri and three avocados with soy sauce
- participated in one rather dangerous nomi-hodai event (all you can drink) with sake and beer
- met around ten new people – both gaijin and Japanese
- taken around 1000 pictures, most of them at the Aoi matsuri
- had two sunburns and got soaking wet with the rain once
Now it’s time to finish vacation and get a bit more serious about this thing though. To be honest, I would like to drift a bit longer and see where this is taking me, but unfortunately – control freak me – I am a bit worried not to get out of this mode anymore. Also, what if the authorities don’t let me into Japan after so many short-term tourist visas – that would be my biggest nightmare!
So, I have started a new online Japanese course and sent out my CV a couple of times. I have also bitten the bullet and actually asked some friends for help (I’m so proud!) with the job hunting.
Wish me luck!